Thursday, June 27, 2013

Something to smile about

 
Teaching is one of my passions, and one-on-one/small group tutoring is just the best. I get a chance to work closely with students, providing guidance and support, while watching art unfold right before my eyes. I had the pleasure of doing a recent session with two lovely sisters. I did a basic introductory lesson for one sister while guiding the other sister through the creation of a pet portrait. The portrait features the beloved, departed beagle of her close friend: once the portrait is complete, she'll sew the fabric into a bag. I am just in awe at this studen'ts progress over the course of a couple of hours. Well done, Michele!
 
A student's portrait in progress.



This was what she accomplished during our tutoring session. Can't wait to see the finished work!


No comments:

Post a Comment